Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mary Fisher

Default Phew!! thank goodness thats over.

"Mike Halmarack" ... wrote in message
On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 16:07:31 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

Anyone tried Lining a ceiling on they're own?

First piece i put up, one side would come down whilst trying to flatten
tother side...bugger,hmmph,barsteward.

Cup O tea me thinks...Hah! yes where's the drawing pins.

Pin the middle and the end of one side till you have managed to flatten
and
smooth other side then pin it,then do other side.

My Dad taught me to snap a chalk line on the ceiling, make a "T" piece
on the end of a pole, cut a full length of paper, paste it, lay it on
the "T" piece concertina fashion and just walk the plank applying the
paper, brushing it flat as ye go. then back the other way with the
edge roller.

But all that takes so much trouble ... Can't be bothered doing all that ...

Well, you and I might but it sounds far more demanding than it is, dunnit?

Mary
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack