Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gazza

Default Plan to knock down old conservatory and build summer room/extention

Hi all fellow DIY'ers

We currently have an aging old box conservatory which leaks and has
mouldy walls etc. We plan to pull this down and rebuild it in mostly
blocks with a couple of large d/g UPVC windows, and a pair of UPVC
frenh style doors. All this topped with a tiled sloping roof. The
exposed blockwork will then be roughcast rendered and painted white to
match the rest of the house. The size will be exactly as the
conservatory currently is. My local planning permission site seems to
indicate that I don't need planning permission as it will be less than
70 metres cubed (it will be about 21). However, people are telling me
that as part of the plan is to remove the existing patio door that
leads to the conservatory (as it is now), this means that we need
planning permission. Is this the case?

Exactly what do we need with regards to planning permission and
building regs? I plan to do the majority of work myself. I am not a
registered builder, but am more than capable of the job.

Cheers

Gazza