Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.telecom.mobile
Simon

Default DIY Faraday cage for a mobile phone

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news

Before I go out and buy some expensive perforated copper sheet, can

anyone
offer advice on improvements?

Thanks

Have you tried covering the open side of the tin with two layers of
chicken mesh slightly offset.

Dave

Thanks for the reply. I did briefly try that, but it wasn't very successful.
I think part of the problem is that the biscuit tin appears to have a layer
of laquer on it, and the chicken wire has a slightly oxidized Zinc coating,
so it may be difficult to get a good electrical connection between the two,
which I understand is important. I think I will try this again.