Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Alex

Default Replacing above ground pool liner - not sure what to order

Hi all,

Our above ground pool has been basically linerless for almost a year.
Two winters ago, my first winter in my home, I drained the water from
the pool not knowing it would ruin the liner. Now the liner has dried
and cracked and is basically falling apart... but I'd like to replace
it.

In measuring the pool I found it's 24' round and the walls are 4 foot
tall. The pool slopes down in the middle to about 6 feet though, so is
there a difference between liners that are flat and ones that slope?
Also here's a picture of the liner and the way it's attached to the
pool walls: http://tinyurl.com/je83x . What is this called? I know
there's several different ways of connecting the liner.

I'm going by a local pool place, but I"m thinking I might be able to
get the liner cheaper online. Any pros and cons to either? Also I
already talked to some local guys, and it appears that the average cost
for intsalling the liner is about $350. Is this average?

Thanks for any advice that can be given.

Sam Alex