Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

Default Is this true about HD ????

"MikeP" wrote in message
bal.net...
In article ,
says...

Not if there are methods to do so that are cheaper/more available.
There is no incentive to look precisely because the other way is
available. Illegal immigration that is studiously ignored by government
essentially is a subsidy to farmers.
It is Econ 101.

Possible for some crops, but the fact remains that there *are* some which
are simply too delicate to be managed with machinery.

Name one crop that can not be managed with machinery
that is *required* for adequate human nutrition.

That bit about "required" is ridiculous. Do you think that if we suddenly
had a huge shortage of farm laborers, people would suddenly be prepared to
do without half the produce they're accustomed to eating?

But, I'll humor you anyway and give you a bit of an education, since you're
obviously not a gardener. There's a large category of plants which continue
producing after the first harvest. Tomatoes, cucumbers and summer squash are
three examples. And, the parts we harvest are tender and can't be beat up by
a machine. If you need to know more about this, go to Google, and search for
the words "cooperative extension" along with the name of your state. Find a
phone number and call them.