Dave Liquorice

Default Emergency generator question

On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 22:34:04 +0100, Owain wrote:

A couple of Emergency Lighting Units eg stairs and kitchen make life
easier and safer and will last for several hours.

3 normally, power cuts here are either measured in less than a minute
or 6hrs+.

My main difficulty is the tv.

Who *needs* TV, there are such things as books, cards, board games
etc.

I have a battery radio and tv (and a box of 20 D batteries I got
cheap from government surplus)

And their "Use by:" date is?

I am also dependent on electric for cooking.

Thats the one you really need to take care of. Get a small Camping Gaz
stove. Think I've seen 2 packs, stove and lantern for about =A320. Take =

care with these they do get hot(doh!), have naked flames and can
present a fire hazard.

but hopefully the nearby chippies/chinese are gas fired.

But will they be open if their till doesn't work or have poor
lighting. Think of H&S and great vats of hot fat in poor lighting, if
an employee had an accident or a customer come to that the chippie
would be liable...

Things have changed since the dark days of the 4 day week. I can
remember going shopping in places in virtual darkness then and of
course cashiers could add up and work out chnage without the aid of a
machine...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail