Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning,rec.woodworking
Maxprop

Default Need plane purchase advice

"Moshe Eshel" wrote in message
oups.com...
thank you all for the help, at best I have to get the price down
signifcantly, or just buy from other sources - the truth is I should
spend my money on other things (I need to buy a good saw, so that I
will have what to plane)... Keep away from shady deals.

Moshe--a few years ago I bought a set of 9 metal planes at an estate sale.
All were in good condition and well-maintained, if well-used. One required
a new knife, but beyond that they were all in good serviceable condition.
Included were a trying plane, two low-angle block planes, a jack plane, a
smoothing plane, a rabbet plane, and three other assorted intermediate
types. As a basis of comparison, I paid $115 for them and still use them
regularly.

Max