Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.design
Bert Hickman

Default Safely testing 22 kV capacitors

Cydrome Leader wrote:

snip

Use pipe not wire for can crushing.

Thanks... So, what would you say, would 1 uF at 22kV crush a can?

Probably. Can crushing is actually pretty boring though. I crushed more cans just
putting them in the coil form than from actually using it. Cans are so weak, it's
just not interesting.

I might try again with full cans of pop. That would be messy, but more pleasing
to watch, and a bit harder to pull off.

Messy - yes... :^)

You can see a full can of Red Bull being crushed he
http://members.iinet.net.au/~pterren...%20crusher%202

Bert
We specialize in UNIQUE items! Coins shrunk by huge
magnetic fields, our "Captured Lightning" Lichtenberg
Figure sculptures, and Out-of-Print technical Books.
Visit Stoneridge Engineering: http://www.teslamania.com