Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Plastic Pipe To Fit Cast Iron .

My flat ( 100 years old) has the waste from both bath and wash hand
basin going in to a cast iron pipe that runs the length of the
building and serves all the flats . ....The waste pipe from the bath
is wedged in to the spigot (?) with the aid of turns of Sylglas tape
and that works OK and it is hidden anyway .

The wash hand basin waste has ,up until now,been fitted in to a
reducer similar to this Screwfix one ( but compression type) ,the
reducer being held in by a liberal quantity of Plumbers Mait .This is
hardly ideal and I am looking for ideas to improve this arrangement .
The spigot is about 60mm at the opening but tapers down so the 32mm
pipe is a fairly snug fit.......I supose I could just do what I did
before and also box it in but maybe someone can come up with a better
idea.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...cd=1&x=12&y=10

Stuart