Posted to uk.d-i-y
Howard Lambourne

Default Central heating cutting out

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
.. .
When I press the central heating button everything is fine ,but, when I
press the hot water button the heating turns itself off,, I press the
hot
water to off again and the heating comes on again.... whats wrong??

What do you mean that the heating "turns itself off"? Do you mean the
programmer turns the heating off and the light goes out, or that the
heating
simply doesn't work?

If the latter, you may have a hot water priority system such as one using
3 port diverter valve instead of a mid position. These give all the boiler
power to the hot water system whilst it is heating. This is fine if you
have
a well insulated house, a working thermostat on the cylinder and a rapid
recovery coil. If, however, the thermostat doesn't work or is badly wired,
the cylinder may remain calling for heat indefinitely and the central
heating may never come on.

Christian.

The programmer turns the heating off , the lights on the programmer
stays on.