Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default Replacing seal between S/S sink and the worktop

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 16:13:48 +0100, Henry Law
wrote:

Lobster wrote:
Henry Law wrote:

Anyway - first, once you've got the sink off, it and the worktop will

OK, more questions. Having seen another post in this group I'm thinking
about flexible tails rather than the rigid copper ones that are there at
the moment; most of the taps we looked at today come with those too.
But I've also seen concerns expressed about the fact that the copper
tails give the tap some extra rigidity; if I put in flexible ones how
likely is it that the steel of the sink will flex?

It's a Franke sink, as I recall, and when I fitted it (way back when I
was young) I don't remember thinking it was particularly cheap and nasty.

I think some people have found that the s/s sink flexes with flexible
tails .I know mine does .I seem to recall a "fix" for that being
suggested on here .....maybe somthing like fitting a pece of ply or
somesuch between the underside of the tap and the sink to stiffen it
up a bit .Dunno if that would help .

Stuart