Posted to alt.home.repair
jhill

Default Stupid electrical/fuse question

Is it on its own breaker, or did someone wire another load to the same
circuit breaker in addition?
Also could be that the breaker is just 'tired' and needs to be replaced.

"cover" wrote in message
Had anyone been running the door up and down several times in
succession? Motors generally pull many times their running amperage
when starting so if someone happened to be running the door open and
closed many times in a short period of time and the circuit was
already taxed, your breaker might trip.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 21:01:44 -0500, "Katzowtadbag"
wrote:

I have a garage door opener and an outside light wired to my detached
garage. The fuse is in my house.

When I came home from work, the garage door was out and the light didn't
work. I checked the fuse and, sure enough, it had been tripped. When I
reset it, everything worked fine.

What are some possible causes of the fuse tripping, beyond my clicking the
remote control? It was approximately 10 degrees outside, but otherwise I
don't have any explanation why the fuse would be tripped.

What things should I be examining? I apologize for the rudimentary nature
of my issue.

Thanks.