Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,alt.engineering.electrical
Dave D

Default Any value in cleaning inside old monitor?

"David Peters" wrote in message
On 27 Mar 2006, wrote:

All this now makes me think that my TV (which uses a 19 inch glass
tube) would also show an improved oicture if it too had the dust
cleaned out of it.

Is this correct?

Nope.

Or does a TV differ in some way from a PC monitor
when it comes to getting visible improvements from dusting?

Neither will show a better picture by cleaning them out, it's nonsense!
Cleaning the optics in a RPTV may cure image issues if dust has worked its
way onto the mirror etc, but a direct view monitor or TV will be unaffected.

Dave