David

Default Top vs Bottom posting

"Dave" wrote in message ...
Can someone explain why "bottom posting" is considered better than "top
posting"...

I'm definitely with the bottom-posters for all the reasons stated by
others; my only *slight* leaning towards the top posters is the fact
that I usually end up reading usenet on Google (because my ISP's
newsfeed is so crap), which only displays the first 'X' lines of any
long posts and forces you to click another link to display the full
message. A right PITA.

But again, as others have said, if people trimmed their reply posts
properly and quoted only the necessary preceding context, in 90% of
cases such messages wouldn't be too long for Google...

David