Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob (but not THAT Bob)

Default Basement Remodel Dilemma

wrote:

Attached is a photo of my dilemma.
I need to frame out the wall and box in the duct work.
Problem is , how do I attach a header for the stud wall since I cannot get
to the floor studs because of the drain pipe.
Also I need the stud wall and the frame for the duct to come together so as
to leave a neat corner for the dry wall.
I had planned on using 2X2's and 1/2 inch osb to frame in the ducts.
Can anyone advise, I would appreciate it.

[Image]

Forget the osb and the 2x2s - use metal studs and runners faced with
drywall.

Attach a runner to the concrete wall as in this diagram:

http://www.usg.com/resources/handboo.../20672_548.gif

For more info, go to:

http://usg.com/ViewProdSelectorAction.do?searchBy=type

and search for "soffit".