Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Putting cement foundation where there is none

The big question is: Can I potentially dig up under the sill plate and
put down some sort of cement foundation/footer? Can I just do small
sections at a time and pour cement or buld a cement block wall just a
couple of blocks high. Maybe just a few cement piers? What about
jacking the whole structure up and digging pouring a complete footer?

If the studs are exposed on the inside, you can just
nail brackets upside down to them, put a beam under
the brackets, and stick bottle-jacks
underneath them to lift the barn. You'll probably want
to add some diagonal bracing and put in some temporary
"floor joists" to keep the walls from wracking and the
walls from spreading.