Posted to rec.woodworking
dnoyeB

Default Finishing both sides of the wood

I am making some shelves and have sanded both sides and the edges
nicely. Then when it came to stain the wood I am stumped. How do I
stain both sides? If I try to stain just one side, then some stain may
leak around the edge onto the other side, and when I finish the other
side it may have a streak in it from this stain. Also how does one hold
this board? I had my bare fingers on the one side, but then when ready
to flip and stain other side, its wet so I didnt want to mes up the
stain, but also didn't want to stain one side at a time...Confused :P

And then the polyurethane \o/

--
Thank you,