Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

Default Can anybody recognise this plumbing item. I think it may be a de-aerator

On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 10:19:03 +0100, "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

Baxi and Potterton, stipulate that these air ejectors should be on the
combined feed and vent pipe to expel air. They work very well. With
combined feed and vent a very low head can be obtained, so ideal for loft
fitting of boilers. To alleviate fears of sludge accumulating in the air
ejectors it is best to fit a Maganclean on the boiler return pipe, which
grabs magnetite that causes sludge. The Magnaclean protects the whole
system
too.

There is no reason that this problem should happen or one of these
devices needed as long as the system is correctly dosed with
inhibitor. It is dealing with the problem in the wrong way.

Matt, on a boiler change a Maganclean I would say is essential as desludger
never gets it all out. If the system is not re-dosed, and 95% are not ,
then the Magnaclean prevents blockages. Got it?

This is bull****.

If a system is badly sludged, then just using desludger is not good
enough anyway. It needs to be powerflushed or some equivalent to
that.

When a boiler is changed, it should be done using the Benchmark
procedures and these include filling with inhibitor.

I do not believe that that only amounts to 5% of installations.

3/10. Must try harder.

--

..andy