Posted to misc.consumers.house
user

Default condo parking problem - please help

On 3 Apr 2006 20:18:46 -0700, Shawn wrote:
On an average, how much would it cost to get legal representation?

It will cost somewhere between $0 and $100M. Only you can answer
that, after you find a lawyer and go through the process.

What
would happen if I do not move my cars?

I depends on how much of a jerk the trash collector is, I suppose.

Do they have right to damage my
cars or tow them?

Nobody ever has a "right" to damage someone else's property. The
property may become damaged as a secondary result of them asserting
THEIR rights.

The building super is like a slum lord. People call
him 'mayor' of the building. Instead of him working for us, we
sometimes feel that we work for him.

The first, second, and third thing to do is consult a lawyer.
The people on USENET have not seen your purchase contract. We
were not there when the verbal statements were made. The association
may be able to argue that they have taken adverse possession of the
part of your parking spot where the cans have been for the past 30
years.

But only a lawyer and a judge can help you figure that out, if you
can't come to some sort of accomodation with the association.

- Rich