Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y

Default How to stain red oak to look slightly yellow

BT98 wrote:
I recently purchased a solid oak bedroom set from the Amish in north
east Ohio. The oak set come with a finish called S2.

Who named it "S2"? G

Finish names placed on finished factory furniture are usually trade
names, kind of like automotive paint. Ex:// I have a Toyota painted
"Radiant Red". The name "Radiant Red" isn't meaningful alone, but with
"Toyota" next to it, the name becomes an exact shade of red.

Got a photo link, brand or dealer name, etc...?

Many commercial wood finishes names are actually process names,
involving some combination of dyes, pigments, toners, and clear coats.
Unlike paint, a wood finish is often more than a simple stain color.

With a little more info, I'm sure someone here can help!

Barry