Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default A collection of electrical earthing questions

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 13:59:43 GMT someone who may be dave
wrote this:-

Hang on. You say I am "mighty confused" based on the assumtion that *you think*
I *may* be confusing the means of earthing with an equipotential bond! I think
maybe remedial English comprehension and elementary logic class would benifit
you.

I think that given that reply few people will be keen to give you
any more advice. The advice which you were given is good advice, all
of it including the bit about you seeming mighty confused.

I just didn't have the detailed
info of the coding and schemes in use today.

The TT and so on terminology goes back at least 25 years, probably
more.

One last thought. Proper earthing is important and can be made worse
by those that don't know what they are doing. I suggest reading the
articles you have been pointed to, followed by one of the various
guides that are available.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh