Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills

Default Boiler low pressure problems

Milleniumaire wrote:

Your right Roger, I didn't ensure that there wasn't any pressure in
the system before I attempted to pressurise it (not sure how to do
this, but I guess switching it off for a while and letting the water
cool down would do the trick).

No - that would only take it down to the static cold setting, which would
still be about 1 bar if it were operating correctly. To take it down to
zero, you'd have to physically let some water out - either by operating the
release valve manually (not recommended) or by bleeding a litre or two out
of a radiator. Or you could let some out at the filling point, without the
filling hose connected.
--
Cheers,
Roger