Posted to rec.woodworking
LareS

Default Drafting Table Parts

My good fellows,
I did state that CAD is absolutely necessary in today's high-pressure
world.of design and development. However, I wasn't referring to that
work environment, where there's seldom time to do it right but always
time to do it over. CAD wins big-time there!
I was talking about my own projects in my little home-shop where I CAN
take my time and do it right. I enjoy drafting. I do not own a PC but if
I did, I'd probably go with CAD ____
But still at a nice, relaxing pace.
Thanks for your comments ... Super group!
LareS
BTW, I believe the old, old-time board tops were basswood. Nice drawing
surface AND you could easily stick tacks in 'em. Then the big boards;
plywood coverd with battleship linoleum, then there was a thinner vinyl
cover secured with double-sided tape. Of course there was always the
Hamilton boards with a factory-finished top.