Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How was the Houston WW show today??

I wonder if the state of this show is an indicator of the state of the
woodworking retail business or its just an off year. I am amazed that
companies like Rockler and Woodcraft can stay in business. I am even
more surprised that a quality independent store like The Cutting Edge
can stay in business. I guess it depends on support from the
commercial cabinet shops. I would hate to have to make a living off of
cantankerous hobbyists like most of us. I feel guilty when I walk into
a well stocked store with $100,000's of inventory and only four other
customers, while I pickup the single router bit that I came to purchase
and walk past the $2200 Powermatic tablesaw gathering dust. Who buys
this high priced stuff anyway?

Bob