Posted to uk.d-i-y
vortex2

Default Potterton Prima 80F suspected electrical problem?

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes

[snip]

You've found the fault.
You might be able to make a repair with your soldering iron. I've seen
this fault on similar models.

I had a similar fault on a Potterton profile.

The pc board connector pins had dry/cracked solder joints. As someone
suggested, at the time, you need a magnifying glass to spot which pins
need re-soldering. Go easy on the heat applied as softening the plastic
part of the connector is very likely:-(

There was quite a long thread here last Christmas, but I think you already
have the conclusions.

regards

--
Tim Lamb

Guys thanks for confirming my suspicions.

This morning I have unplugged and replugged all the connectors. Right now
"it just works".

If/when it fails again I'll rework the solder joints.

Thanks again,

David.