Posted to misc.consumers.house
John A. Weeks III

Default condo parking problem - please help

In article . com,
"Shawn" wrote:

What are my options? What should I do? Is it true that since they have
kept the garbage at that location for 30 years, they have a right to
keep it there? If so, am I required by law to move my cars? What if I
take my car keys back from the superintendent and refuse to move my
cars? Can I have them legally move the garbage bins to alternate
location?

Simply moving the garbage bins might be considered to be theft.
The best course of action is to talk with a real estate attorney.
The suggestion might be to send the condo association a cease
and desist letter giving them some period of time (3 days, 10 days,
etc) to remove their objects from your property. Then set some
kind of fee for using your property (per day) for each day they
are late. But keep in mind that your threat means nothing if you
are not willing to go to court to prove your ownership. The
issue that you will likely run into is that you saw the bins
there before you bought, you didn't ask about them, and you
didn't do anything the week that you moved in, so you have
given a de facto easement. A good attorney may be able to
argue their way out of that one.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications