Posted to misc.consumers.house
Percival P. Cassidy

Default Low sudsing detergent

We have a Kenmore front-loader (made by Frigidaire). We keep a lookout
for Sears to have a sale on laundry detergents and have bought large
buckets of the store-brand HE powder (sometimes several at a time) when
it's been 50% off.

I've seen the HE detergents (Tide, IIRC) at Costco too, but we've never
tried any.

It's important to use the HE stuff. The regular detergents foam/suds
excessively and can get into the bearings, resulting in an expensive
repair. I don't see that simply using a small quantity of regular
detergent will work (despite what another contributor to this thread
says): it's likely to have insufficient cleaning power to do the job.

Perce

On 04/02/06 10:07 pm Jungle Jim wrote:

We have just purchased a new front loading washer, and would like to
ask those of you who own front loaders what brand and type (powder or
liquid) of detergent do you use ?

FYI it is an LG WM2077CW 3.7 cuft 7 cycle without sanitary cycle. We
also use a water softener due to our water quality.