Posted to alt.home.repair
Brian V

Default Cable TV options?

"mgarvie" wrote in message
news:dbfYf.664564$084.400616@attbi_s22...
I'm trying to figure out the best way to wire my home for cable TV. Read
some conflicting opinions on some web sites and thought I would ask here.
Which option would be best or is there a third? Or doesn't it make a
difference?

1. Have one central location where the main cable comes in the house.
Split everything from that location and run seperate cables to each outlet

2. Split the main cable where it comes in the house and run cables to
general locations in the house. From there split it further and run cable
to each outlet.

The best way in my opinion is to put 1 2way splitter at the service
entrance, 1 side goes to the cable modem assuming you use high speed
internet from your cable, the other side to the appropriate sized splitter
then run to each port. The cable modem needs to have a fairly strong signal
and in my experience does NOT like to be amplified.

By daisychaining into multiple splitters you are going to run in to too high
of a db loss.

Remeber, there are quality spliiters and POS splitters, they are NOT all the
same. The brand I prefer is Toner.