Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Buying a sander

wrote:
Hi,

I want to buy a sander (for refinishing furniture) and I would like to
know whether sanders use proprietary sand paper or whether generic sand
paper can be with them. If it depends on the sander, can you tell me
what kind of sanders or brands are most cost efficient in terms of sand
paper among the kinds and brands appropriate for refinishing furniture.

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

I got an ancient orbital/straightline pad sander from Craftsman, and it
just uses a half sheet of regular paper clamped at either end.
That said, if I had it to do over again, I'd probably recommend a belt
sander, and that's going to need belts rather than sheets, of course.