Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
George

Default Musing about wood going round and round. Where it stops nobodyknows!

"Arch" wrote in message
As my contribution to the NAAWP (National Association for the
advancement of woodturning people), I've been fishing instead of turning
lately, but I did muse about our craft while casting my old Creek Chub
floater, retrieving my Heddon darter or jigging a mirrorlure. After a
wee scotch, soup, and supper, I've been enjoying a look at "500 Bowls"
and "500 Wood bowls" for the umpteenth time.

If you enjoy fishing, go ahead with what you've got. If you enjoy catching
fish, gotta get these.
http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...=SearchResults

Best topwater bait out there. Also made of wood. NB - do _not_ cast one
around for bass in a lake with muskie. What they do to a wooden lure would
take 60 grit to fix.

Divers work great, too, but they're not made of wood.