Posted to rec.woodworking
cdo

Default Laguna vs MiniMax, a persion observation.

On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 15:08:25 -0600, Chris Friesen
wrote:

cdo wrote:

If I've done the math correctly, 2200fpm and a 16" wheel translates to
just under 44rpm; I have a hard time believing a tire is going to
start lifting at that point or even at a hundred rpm (4800 is probably
somewhere around there). Like most of the other nit pick arguments,
it's probably not much of an issue...

C = pi * d
= 3.14 * 16
= 50.24 inches
= 4.19 ft

angular speed = linear speed / C
= 2200 fpm / 4.19 ft
= 525 rpm

You appear to have forgotten to convert to feet.

Chris

Ahhh - you're right; thanks for the correction.

Even at ~500rpm I can't see the tires lifting though...

Cliff