Posted to rec.woodworking
Sailaway

Default Drafting Table Parts

Tom wrote:
I'm in Atlanta and have found several old ones.

The last one I had was 4 X 6 made out of ash. It weigh a ton and it
came with a drafting head, Had 16 draws. I put a rubber mat on it
that cost more than the table. It was like new.
I have given it to my nephew who actually drays buildings on it.

For the last 12 years I do everything in Corel Draw

Larry

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:41:05 GMT, "Neil Larson"
wrote:

Im looking for a source for drafting table parts, I want to make my

onw and
I'm finding it very difficult to find a premade table top.

I also have a 4'x6' (if memory serves) drafting table. The base appears
to be oak but have no idea what the top is made of. It was made to have
2 drawers, but I have only the small drawer. The rubber mat is lifted a
little on one corner near the top, but could be glued down. If your
interested in buying it I'll let it go cheap just to see it gets used. I
have no room for it. Located in NJ