Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Louis Ohland

Default Wiremold powerstrip advise?

What was the Wiremold model? Sorta difficult now, since the sticker is
on the back side...

Pete Keillor wrote:
On Mon, 03 Apr 2006 08:35:04 -0500, Louis Ohland
wrote:

I'd like to bring power down to a bench without lots of diddling
about. Wiremold has the Plugmold, like a 3 foot or so power strip,
pre-assembled, with outlets every 8" or so.

Anyone use this or a similar product?

Otherwise, it's a pair of dual receptacle boxes, conduit, wire, and
manuel labor. (like manual labor, but different).

I used some right above the backsplash on a workbench based on an 8'
kitchen counter with cabinets over I put in for my wife for stained
glass. It's a 6' with outlets every 6". I powered it through a gfci
outlet mounted in a plugmold box, wiremold down from ceiling, nm to
box. it's on a 20A breaker with 12 ga. wire, only about 15' total.
She runs the grinder, ring saw, and 100W soldering iron on it. I also
run a couple of the little fluorescent under counter lights on the
same circuit. Works good.

Pete Keillor