Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave Hinz

Default FA: dohikkies and thingamabobs

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 21:10:49 -0600, Ken Grunke wrote:
On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 15:51:41 +0000, Dave Hinz wrote:

Note to the humor impaired: I'm joking. I'm bidding on the second one
and am not attemtping auction-tampering. Sheesh.

Wow, first time I've had an outside channel with a bidder Dave, I
swear, this item is worth HUNDREDS, it will be a STEAL if you only bid
$150, take my word for it!

Heh. Not going there; I set my bid at a level of "I don't _need_ this,
but it fills a gap and I might someday".

Now I know what this set is for, I have a twinge of regret for listing it.
If you get my set, maybe Bill can use a fancy numbered C-clamp in trade
for his?

If you wanted to cancel my bid and remove the auction, I would have no
problem with that. At all. As a seller you can cancel bids; as a
buyer, retracting a bid is more complicated. By all means, if you'd
like to keep it, and if I'm the only bidder (I think I am), I don't have
a problem with that at all. Like I say it's to fill a gap for a
measurement tool I don't have, not something I actually _need_.

Dave