Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

Default Spray nozzle tube heaven

Ken Grunke wrote:
Not trying to be cute here, this is a real dilemma for me.
When ever I drop a can of WD-40 or whatever, the red tube pops off and
disappears into another dimension, never to be seen again.
I must have lost a couple dozen in the cluttered little space I call my
machine shop.
Does someone sell these in bulk?
Does anyone here have them suddenly and mysteriously appear out of nowhere?
If so, they're MINE.

Ken Grunke

I followed a tip I saw somewhere on a newsgroup. I take a plastic
drinking straw, cut down to about 6" long, bend about 3/4" over on one
end and tape it to the side of the can with clear packing tape, bent end
down.

That makes a place to store the red tube when I'm not using it, and the
flattened bent over part of the straw grips the bottom end of the red
tube so it won't easily fall out even if I tip the can over while using it.

Being an insatiable pack rat, I save the spray nozzles and red tubes
from emptied spray cans in a workbench drawer. That will give my heirs
even more things to find and toss in the trash.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)