Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Can anybody recognise this plumbing item. I think it may be a de-aerator

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Doctor Drivel wrote:
"Derek ^" wrote...
Tim wrote:
I have this item in my central heating system and want to confirm what
it does. is it a de-aerator?
It is a de-aerator for a vented home central heating system..

they could accumulate sludge and block up.

They do that. I have had to remove a blockage in the top pipe
of one of these with a drill, it was totally blocked. Cut pipe,
drill out blockage, recouple. PITA.

Best to have the 4 port with the pipe out of the bottom. extend the bottom
and have removable cap to clear out sludge and debris. Solids will drop to
the bottom.