Greg O

Default Ridgid

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Is strength an issue? Has anyone ever bent or busted a full sized
imported wrench and believed that a comparably sized US made product
wouldn't have similarly failed under the same circumstances?

Comments?

I was involed in a rebuild on a Catipillar crawler a few years back. We
replaces the pads in the tracks so we had to remove quite a few 1/2" bolts,
two per pad. We went through aproxamatly 20 3/4" impact sockets of various
brands untill we got a hold of a Snap-On impact socket. That one Snap-On
socket did one track all on its own!

Another time I was trying to remove a brake caliper on an import car. The
only way to get to the bolt was a box end wrench. I broke two Craftsman
wrenches trying to get the first bolt free, never budged it! Borrowed a
Snap-On wrench and was able to get all four bolts loose by jumping on the
end of the wrench!
Made me a believer!
GReg