Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Gammon

Default Whole House Water Filter?

Goedjn wrote:
And a higher Sodium level in the water - it's a simple ion exchange, Calcium
for Sodium. Need to watch that if you're on a Sodium restricted diet -
something the water softening folks won't tell you...

Mine did. They said that it didn't actually make a significant
difference, but if the idea bothered me, I should use potassium
salt instead of sodium salt, and they couldn't remember why,
but I shouldn't mix the two.

Sodium carbonate has a very different absorption rate in the body than
sodium chloride. Sodium carbonate has no taste.

Soft water is NOT salty to the taste, whether you use Potassium chloride
or Sodium chloride for the salt in the tank.