Andy Dingley

Default Breaking import hand tools WAS: Ridgid

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 21:55:50 GMT, m5bmw wrote:

I was a Auto Technician for 5 years and nothing beats a american made
tool.

Facom (French) are the best I've yet found. Lovely quality on their
wrenches, really slick ratchets with strong fine-tooth mechanisms, and
some very clever variations on the Vise-Grip theme.

I once managed to smash myself in the face (broke a tooth) by snapping
a Britool wrench in half, with hand force alone. Metallurgist friend
took a look and suspected bad heat treatment - and this was 20 years
ago, before Britool became obvious rubbish. Mind you, their chrome
was always prone to flaking off.