Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Default surround sound "pre-wire"

Robert Gammon wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:

Hi,
One thing, you never use coax for speaker hook up. Very wrong! Sounds
like they messed it up pretty good. And I wonder why you mixed
speakers with different brands?(none of my business anyhow)
Ever considered in wall mounting speakers? Or wireless speaker hook up?
I have wired 9.1 surround system myself. I used mounting plate behind
speakers on the wall. Floor standing ones, I used speaker stand. They
don't have to be geometrically symetrical, you can calibrate them
after installation manually or automatically(if your receiver has this
feature) I found out manual calibration is better. Try home theater NG
as well. Good luck.
Tony

Well I am getting a high end system wired into my new house that we will
start construction on in the next 60 days. The AV consultant I have
hired is using 75ohm Coax wiring for ALL speaker wiring.

In this case, the consultant is handling the ENTIRE wiring end to end,
working with the builder to get everything right.

hehe. Leave it to the professionals m8. No way he is using *75* ohm
coax wiring for *8* ohm speakers The 75 ohm stuff will be for the
Cable TV, and it had better be quad shielded RG6 for inwall runs.

--
Thank you,