Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Shoppa

Default Wiremold powerstrip advise?

Louis Ohland wrote:
I'm not bothered about installing a box to power the plugmold. Looking
at using a 20A model, not because I'll be drawing that much (mill is
about 7A) but why run the 14AWG plugmold when 12AWG is available?

I thought all the plugmold (whether 15A or 20A) was wired internally
with 12AWG. In any event the wire length inside the plugmold is tiny
compared to the run outside, right?

If you'll be running flouroescent lights (generally more sensitive to
dips in line voltage) from the same outlet and the run is long and
flickering lights as the motor starts up bothers you, best solution is
probably a separate circuit for lighting.

Some localities have very odd restriction regarding 20A outlets and
where you're allowed and not allowed to put the outlets.

Tim.