Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim Shoppa

Default Wiremold powerstrip advise?

Louis Ohland wrote:
I'd like to bring power down to a bench without lots of diddling
about. Wiremold has the Plugmold, like a 3 foot or so power strip,
pre-assembled, with outlets every 8" or so.

Anyone use this or a similar product?

Otherwise, it's a pair of dual receptacle boxes, conduit, wire, and
manuel labor. (like manual labor, but different).

If you've already got a nearby outlet, there are Plugmolds that you
just plug into that outlet. Like a power strip on steroids.

If you don't have a nearby outlet, then you have to run conduit or put
a junction box at the end to get electricity to the Plugmold.

Plugmold is not particularly cheap (I mean, materials cost for a couple
of boxes and outlets and conduit will be one-fifth the cost, and a
cheapo power strip will be one tenth the cost) but it's good stuff, the
outlets themselves are a couple steps up from the cheapo power strips.

Tim.