Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grov

Default electricity meter tails - length and routing

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 10:23:10 +0100, "John McLean"
wrote:

You should contact your supplier, 2-3 metre length is ok where the CU or F/B
is easily seen from the supplier's incomer fuse position, longer lengths are
permissible; but this cable run (not meter tails), would require to be
installed by yourself.and terminated near the meter position using a DP
isolating CB. Discrimination with the supplier's fuse must be taken into
account. This would be Part P notifiable.

Looks like it will be the circuit breaker in the box then as I can't
see any other possibility. They have already advised that they will
not reconnect the meter tails regardless of length so no great issue
there.

Thanks for the part p heads up - it's already covered on my building
regs application, but was planning to use an electrician for this part
as it also involves a CU move - not happy that I could do it not
knowing all of the regs.

Regards,
Paul