Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grov

Default electricity meter tails - length and routing

On Mon, 3 Apr 2006 09:35:47 +0100, "Christian McArdle"
wrote:

My ideal position of the meter is not accepatable due to water pipes
on the other side of the wall within 30cms of the meter

Surely something can be done to make this acceptable. Mounting on some sort
of waterproof sheet or something. I really can't think why 18mm ply
protecting it from any leaks wouldn't be acceptable.

Thats what I thought - would need a hell of a lot of water to go
through 9" engineering brick plus the meter box and board, but when I
questioned it I was told that if that is what it states in the
guidelines they sent me then it is not acceptable and they will refuse
connection...

They also state it cannot go directly below a window (this was another
option for me), but I *think* I've seen this done before on new
builds. Perhaps the rules vary form area to area?

Regards,
Paul