Old Nick

Default Router Speed Control - How does this work?

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 10:21:54 -0500, Jack Erbes
wrote something
.......and in reply I say!:

I thought there was actually quite a high danger of overheating,
unless the motor was designed to run under load at lower revs. It's
one of the things warned against regarding fitting aftermarket seepd
controllers to tools.

I reckon this would apply even more if the feeding device increased
power on demand.

Thanks for the good explanation. So the output is intermittent 60
cycle 115V AC. That explains why they do not overheat the windings.

I can answer the question with confidence now. And thanks for the
generous offer, I like the packaging and switching concept (off, full,
variable) on the one I referenced so if I were going to use one I'd
probably just pick one of those up.

Whenever you have to prove to yourself that you are
not something, you probably are.

Nick White --- HEAD:Hertz Music

!!
")