Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison

Default Central Heating Bypass on Fully TRV'd SYstem (Incl Honeywell CM37z Zone System)

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 22:28:18 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Ed Sirett
wrote:

On Sun, 02 Apr 2006 19:16:32 +0000, Phil Addison wrote:

On Sat, 01 Apr 2006 15:51:28 +0100, in uk.d-i-y Ed Sirett
wrote:

If I can elaborate on Ed's advice ...

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 23:45:07 +0100, t wrote:

We are in the process of having central heating installed, replacing an old
partial system. We have done this before in other properties so know
something about it. This property has 11 radiators. We are using a Honeywell
CM37z system with radio-linked TRVs on every radiator except for the
bathroom where the steam may corrode the electics of the radiator head.

Under the new Building Regs, Part L, this is no longer sufficient. You
must have a separate timer for the hot water (perhaps you have done
this) if the whole system is being replaced.

I had assumed that there would a master time clock for the heating.

No criticism of you Ed. I was just adding some info for the general
readership.

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me