Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Drill holes in slab?

"Walter R." wrote in message
Single story home.

I need to treat some areas underneath the slab for termites. I have to
drill 1/2" holes through the slab.

Fortunately, there are no gas or electric conduits under the slab.

How can I avoid hitting (plastic or copper) water pipes and drain pipes.

Another version of Russian Roulette!
--
Walter
www.rationality.net

Walter,
So it sounds like you're gonna try the DIY route eh? Keep us posted! I'm
leaning that way as well but won't have the opportunity to do anything for
awhile (other projects). I'm curious to see how you pump the liquid in
under the slab. My situation is pretty similar although I know where all
my lines are. The only slab that I really need to drill is a porch so I'm
not too worried. All the other water sources are on the perimeter of the
house with the exception of one bathroom which has a cut out in the slab
already which exposes the dirt. Anyway, I wish you luck and keep us
posted!
Cheers,
cc