Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang

Default Continuing water heater troubles

Dorothy wrote:
Hi all,

A while ago I had a problem with our water heater pilot light staying lit. I
asked here and the answer I received was to replace the thermocouple, which I
did, and that remedied it. Now I am experiencing the same problem again -
where the pilot won't stay lit - and replacing the thermocouple doesn't fix
it this time.

What could be the problem now?

Thanks!

Dot

Hi,
Most gas valve main body has a provision to adjust pilot flame size.
It has a little plug hiding the adjusting screw. Remove plug, using a
small screw driver adjust the flame bigger or smaller.
Tony