Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn Ashmore

Default Spring calculation?

"axolotl" wrote

It's not the answer to your question, but it might be interesting for you:

http://www.tiffen.com/dynamic%20primer.pdf

Please put a sketch in the dropbox after you make it. I would like to add
one to my (never completed) project list.

I have already found that and used it to rework the Glidecam. The Glidecam
is basically the front end of a Steadicam. With a gimbal and
counterweights it uses balance spreading to give the camcorder some
stability. I addeded an aluminum camera sled and threaded and knurled
counterweights to make it less bulky and aid in balance adjustment. Works
great for roll and yaw but I want to mount it on the rail of a sailboat so I
need to deal with bouncing and vibration. That is what the arm is for.
Just can't swing $20K for a mount for a $1K camcorder. :-)

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com