Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.engr.joining.welding

Default Axle Material

I just rebuilt a welding tank cart for the b-in-l, we used 5/8"
shafting from TSC along with some 12" pneumatic bearing-in-hub wheels
from the same source. Cost was about $25-26 for wheels, shafting and
the shaft collars we used for retainers. I welded the shafting to the
cart, cut it to length and put the shaft collars and wheels on, took a
morning's work. So I guess the question is, what do you consider
cheap? My time is worth more to me than scrounging around for days
looking for just the right combination of junk and scrap to do a job.

Stan